Thursday 1 September 2011

TV Advert Production - Task 3

To begin my research, I carried out a questionnaire using the social networking site Facebook as a means of reaching many different people in order to get a wide variety of people's views. Here are the questions I asked and the options I allowed.
_______________________________
Fizzy Drinks Questionnaire

Please circle your options.

1. Are You;
Male   Female

2. How old are you?
Under 11     12-15    15-20     21-35     36-50     50+

3. How often do you drink fizzy drinks?
Every Day    Every Few Days  Once A Week   Once A Month   Month+ 

4. Do you ever purchase ‘low fat’ or ‘diet’ variations of drinks?
Yes  No 

5. Do competitions offered with drinks make you choose them rather than other drinks?
Yes    No 

6. What makes you choose a certain drink?
Like The Taste   Cheap   Like The Brand     Like The Appearance

7. Do you prefer fizzy drinks in bottles or cans?
Bottles     Cans 

8. Would you buy cans more often if there was a resealable option?
Yes     No

9. When do you usually have a fizzy drink?
With Exercise |   With a Meal    Whilst Out With Friends    In a Pub/CafĂ© 

10. Do you prefer fruit flavour drinks or artificial flavours?
Fruit   Artificial 

11. Which of these do you prefer?
Coke   Red Bull    Fanta    Lilt     Iron Bru     Dr Pepper
_____________________________

I got answers from 20 people, the majority of which were boys (I did this on purpose because I plan for my product to be for boys aged 14-18) at the ages from 13-21. The things I concluded from this questionnaire are as follows:

Most people drink fizzy drinks every few days.
Low Fat or Diet options are popular, but more among girls than boys.
People are not swayed to buy a certain drink if it has a competition offer.
Bottles are preferred, however more people would buy cans if they were resealable.
Most people drink fizzy drinks whilst out and about with friends.
Artificial type flavours such as Coke and Red Bull are preferred generally over fruit options such as Fanta or Lilt.

Taking all this into consideration, I went about designing my can. With no real research into the appearance of my design or what my target audience would want, I printed some copies off of my first design and gave them out to people and asked for feedback on what they thought. Here are some examples:



With this information I was able to begin planning and redesigning my product with the feedback of others to influence and improve my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment